Small businesses from across the country will have an opportunity to promote themselves at one of Ireland’s biggest events as part of this year’s Local Enterprise Village at the National Ploughing Championships from the 20-22nd September in Rathiniska, County Laois.
The initiative of the Local Enterprise Offices (LEOs) will see 31 small businesses, one from each LEO, take a stand in the Local Enterprise Village in the heart of the Ploughing Championships, opening their businesses up to almost 300,000 prospective customers across the 3 days of the event.
There will be a variety of products and services on show for the visitors to this year’s Ploughing Championships to enjoy, which includes food, fashion, agtech products, farm safety equipment, spirits, sportswear and even skincare for animals!
The Local Enterprise Village was launched by Damien English, T.D., Minister of State for Business, Employment and Retail along with some of the businesses that will be involved including handmade children’s furniture company Lucy & Me, luxury natural skincare and home products Jo Browne and Donegal designer Bernie Murphy.
Minister English emphasised how positive it is to have this opportunity back for small businesses; “The Local Enterprise Village at the Ploughing Championships will showcase the very best of our small business community from across the country. I look forward to joining with almost 300,000 people at the Ploughing and have the opportunity to meet with some of the businesses embedded in our communities and who are the drivers of local economic growth and job creation. Visitors to the Village can expect to see the depth and diversity of amazing small businesses who are supported by Government through their Local Enterprise Office.”
Kieran Comerford, from the Local Enterprise Offices, outlined what a significant opportunity this is for these businesses; “Small businesses very rarely get an opportunity like this and it could be a significant event for them all in the growth of their business. They will be at the very heart of the action at the Ploughing Championships getting the chance to tell their stories and sell their products and services to a massive new audience, an audience that will be excited to be back following a two-year break.
“We have been working with these businesses across the Summer to ensure they maximise this opportunity through sales and marketing training and stand design. The Local Enterprise Village is always a great buzz and no doubt will be one of the big hits for visitors to Ratheniska this September.”
NPA President James Sutton said: “It is wonderful to see that so many diverse and interesting companies will be represented at this year’s National Ploughing Championships’ ‘Local Enterprise Village’. This is a fantastic opportunity for these small local businesses to showcase their products to the 300,000 visitors expected throughout the 3 days.”
The Local Enterprise Village is just one of a number of initiatives that the Local Enterprise Offices run, to foster entrepreneurship across the country. Others include Local Enterprise Week, the National Enterprise Awards, the Student Enterprise Programme, National Women’s Enterprise Day and Local Enterprise Showcase. The Local Enterprise Offices in local authorities are funded by the Government of Ireland through Enterprise Ireland.
Established in 2014, the Local Enterprise Offices are the essential resource for any entrepreneur looking to start a business or any small business that is looking for support or advice to help them grow. Since their inception eight years ago, the Local Enterprise Offices have helped create over 20,000 jobs across the country. The LEOs work with thousands of client companies across Ireland in a diverse range of sectors offering mentoring, training, expert advice and financial supports to small businesses. For more information see www.LocalEnterprise.ie
For further information:
Declan Lee – Enterprise Ireland – 087 695 7451 / Declan.Lee@enterprise-ireland.com
Darren O’Reilly – Enterprise Ireland – 085 260 9641 / Darren.OReilly@enterprise-ireland.com
LOCAL ENTERPRISE VILLAGE CLIENTS @ NATIONAL PLOUGHING CHAMPIONSHIPS 2022
- LEO Carlow – Jo Browne – Natural skincare, perfume and interiors
- LEO Donegal – Bernie Murphy – Irish designer specialising in clothing and textiles
- LEO Fingal – DesignWorks – Portrait photography studio specialising in “Magical” portraits
- LEO Kerry – The Busy Botanist – 100% natural pet skincare products “Holistic Hound”
- LEO Kilkenny – The Cookie Co-Op – An artisan confectionary company
- LEO Longford – Ebroadband Comms – Broadband and fibre broadband company
- LEO Louth – Esker Fields – Handmade natural skincare and essential oils
- LEO Dun Laoghaire – Rathdown – Mummy Cooks – Portable portion pots and food flasks for small children
- LEO Wicklow – Brady’s Coffee – Speciality coffees and teas
- LEO South Dublin – Lucy & Me – Handmade wooden furniture and interiors for children’s rooms
- LEO Westmeath – DCodeDyslexia – A reading programme to teach dyslexic, and struggling, readers to read
- LEO Cavan – GAAWorks.ie – The platform supports players to work and live around home, stay connected with and play for their local Club and County Teams
- LEO Clare – Moher Cottage – Irish gift products store
- LEO Cork City – Rebel City Distillery – Craft distillery producing gin and absinthe
- LEO Dublin City – Concept Dairy – Tech platform bringing price transparency to the dairy supply chain
- LEO Galway – Galway Homeopathics – Veterinary products
- LEO Kildare – TradeForUs.com – Online platform for Producer Organisations & Farm-to-Farm Livestock
- LEO Laois – The Merry Mill – Organic oat manufacturer and retailer
- LEO Leitrim – Prime Signs – Safety signs, excavator decals, auctioneer boards, front and back lit letters, temporary and permanent road signs
- LEO Limerick – Juspy – An Irish food-tech company that creates lifestyle nutraceuticals for health conscious consumers in a busy world
- LEO Mayo – Velvet Cloud – Fresh sheep’s milk yogurt, soft sheep’s milk cheese, semi hard three-month mature sheep’s milk cheese
- LEO Meath – Zarasyl – Innovative silicate technology for the management of skin issues for animals
- LEO Monaghan – Old Carrick Mill – Small batch distillery making premium gin and irish whiskey
- LEO Offaly – Acoustic Interiors – Acoustic Interiors design, manufacture, supply and fit sound insulation and room acoustic treatments to the commercial, educational, entertainment and residential sectors
- LEO Roscommon – MegaFab – Agricultural products
- LEO Sligo – SUIP Manufacturing – Manufacture of Sprayer Attachment for Ride On Lawnmowers & ATV’s
- LEO South Cork – Niamh’s Larder – BKultured Water Kefir is a light, delicious and refreshing fermented drink.
- LEO Tipperary – Eco Green Resources – Solar (PV) Photovoltaic for Generating Electricity, Hot Water Heating, Battery Storage, Electric Vehicle Charging Stations, LED Lighting Systems
- LEO Waterford – Mac Safety Signs – Supply and install display stands into hardware and Agri stores through the country
- LEO Wexford – BodiBro – Quarter Zips, Jerseys, Hybrid Jackets, Gilet Jackets, Skinny Track Pants, Socks, Shorts, Leggings, Sport Bra’s, Workout Tops