- 1.1 Tickets for the Event, the National Ploughing Championships, are only sold through the National Ploughing Association Ltd on our Website www.npa.ie or through the NPA office via phone orders at 059 86 25125 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org . All distribution of tickets comes from the National Ploughing Association Ltd office and all orders will be supplied from the same ticketing inventory, therefore tickets for the event may sell out quickly.
- 1.2 All ticket holders agree that; (a) they enter the grounds at their own risk; (b) due to the uneven terrain of this venue they are advised to wear suitable footwear as it may at times be difficult to move around freely and easily, and as a result, it may not be suitable for those who suffer from certain medical conditions; (c) the organisers of the event and their representatives, agents and licensees accept no liability for any injury of any nature or loss of, or damage to property suffered whilst at the Event.
- 1.3 Entry to the grounds of this Event constitutes acceptance of the Rules of Entry, as set out clause 2.9 herein, to the venue which will be on display at every entrance.
- 2.1 To purchase tickets from us, you must be 16 or over and have a valid credit/debit card.
- 2.3 Your submission of an order amounts to an offer to enter a contract to buy the products from us; you cannot then withdraw or cancel your order except as specifically stated in these Terms and Conditions. All purchases are subject to payment card verification and other security checks and your transaction may be cancelled if it has not passed our verification process.
- 2.4 You agree not to obtain or attempt to obtain any tickets through unauthorised use of any robot, spider or other automated device or any other illegal or unauthorised activity. We reserve the right to cancel any transaction which we reasonably suspect to have been made in breach of these provisions without any notice to you and any and all tickets purchased as part of such transaction will be void.
- 2.5 We reserve the right to cancel bookings which we reasonably suspect to have been made fraudulently.
- 2.6 You may submit orders online within the allocated time frame as specified on our Website. The Website allows you to review your order before submitting it to us and by submitting the order you confirm that you have made any necessary corrections.
- 2.7 No order is accepted from you until our Website displays an order confirmation message.
- 2.8 Tickets may be purchased for personal use only and cannot be used for commercial purposes without the permission of the National Ploughing Association Ltd.
- 2.9 Your booking is for entry to the event and by making a purchase of tickets you are accepting the rules of entry to these lands for the Event as outlined below:
NATIONAL PLOUGHING ASSOCIATION RULES OF ENTRY TO THESE LANDS (the “Rules of Entry”
- All persons entering the lands upon which the Event is held (the “Event Site”) are admitted only subject to the following regulations and rules of NPA. Entry to these lands shall be deemed to constitute unqualified acceptance of all these rules and regulations. Failure to abide by the following regulations may result in refused entry or ejection from these lands.
- Fireworks, Smoke Canisters, Poles, Laser Pens, Flares or any similar articles or containers including anything that could be used as a weapon are not permitted within the grounds. Any person in possession of such articles or containers may be refused entry or ejected from these lands. Stewards and Event staff reserve the right to confiscate any such offending pieces.
- No underage consumption of intoxicating liquor will be permitted at the Event and children in the possession of alcohol may be refused entry or ejected from these lands.
- Spectators are not permitted to drink alcohol in public areas on the Event Site.
- The unauthorized climbing of floodlight pylons, stands or any other buildings on these lands is forbidden.
- Under no circumstances is it permitted to throw any object anywhere on the Event Site.
- Unnecessary noise such as that from use of radio sets/music systems and behaviour likely to cause confusion or nuisance of any kind including foul or abusive language is not permitted on the Event Site.
- Unauthorised persons are not permitted to enter the fields or to obstruct designated passageways at any time.
- NPA reserves the right to refuse admission to, or eject any person who refuses to be searched by a member of an Garda Siochana.
- Any form of protest is strictly forbidden on these grounds and may lead to refusal of entry or ejection from the Event Site.
- Any person attempting to gain admission, or being found within, a restricted section of these lands without the appropriate authorization may be ejected from the Event Site.
- Any person found on these grounds not wearing an event wristband or event badge may asked to leave or be ejected from the Event Site.
- Only persons specifically authorized in writing by NPA are permitted to offer sale or distribute any products inside the Event Site.
- No ticket selling is permitted on the Event Site except on NPA designated stands where a permit to do so is displayed.
- No person is permitted to distribute leaflets, sell or create any delays on the public walkways in the Event Site.
- Any person found damaging or defacing the property of the NPA will be prosecuted.
- Any persons who fail to comply with the instructions from the stewards may be ejected from the Event Site. NPA reserves the right for servants or agents to remove from the Event Site any person who does not comply with the regulations, or whose presence on these lands could reasonably be construed as constituting a source of danger, nuisance or annoyance to other patrons.
- In general the right of admission is reserved to NPA.
- All ticket/badge holders agree that (a) they enter the Event Site at their own risk and(b) due to the uneven terrain of this venue they are advised to wear suitable footwear as it may at times be difficult to move around freely and easily, and as a result, it may not be suitable for those who suffer from certain medical conditions; (c) the organisers of the event and their representatives, agents and licensees accept no liability for any injury of any nature or any loss of or damage to property suffered whilst at the Event.
- Entry to the Event Site of this event constitutes acceptance of the Rules of Entry to the venue which will be on display at every entrance.
3. Prices and fees
- 3.1 The price of tickets is as quoted on the Website. Prices stated include VAT.
- 3.2 Payment services are provided by Sagepay, Ireland.
- 3.3 You agree not to hold us responsible for banking charges incurred due to payments for tickets.
- 3.4 Tickets are subject to change and we reserve the right to change the prices at any time.
- 3.5 Purchases of tickets from us are subject to a service charge.
- 3.6 Whilst we try to ensure that all prices on our Website are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of any ticket you have ordered, we will inform you as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price (and credit or debit your account as applicable) or cancelling your order. If we are unable to contact you, you agree that we may treat the order as cancelled.
4. Discounted offers
- 4.1 The discounted offer of 10% is only available when purchasing 10 or more One Day Adult Tickets in one complete order to any one person.
- 4.2 Except where otherwise stated, discounts and credits cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers.
- 4.3 All Discounted Offers are subject to review and may be withdrawn at any time.
- If you have purchased a ticket you are not entitled to cancel your purchase. There are no refunds on tickets after your purchase is confirmed.
- 6.1 The last date for ticket orders must be made at least 6 working days before the event begins. We cannot guarantee delivery of orders received after this date.
- 6.2 We aim to dispatch tickets as soon as they are available to us. We are not able to specify the exact dates of dispatch, as the arrangements for dispatch depend on when we are in possession of the ticket stock used for the event. We will commingly receive ticket stock from suppliers close to the event date.
- 6.3 Please allow as much time as possible for your tickets to arrive. If your tickets have not arrived at least 5 working days before the commencement of the event (i.e. the very first day of the event), please contact us. Please include your order details and the name and address the booking is made under.
- 6.4 We post tickets to the address stated by you on the order form.
- 6.5 There is free delivery on all ticket orders addressed within Europe.
- 6.6 Tickets are delivered by your local postie. Proof of delivery is not obtained. Actual delivery times may vary for you depending on:
6.6.1 our stock availability;
6.6.2 your delivery address;
6.6.3 when you make your order; and
6.6.4 circumstances impacting delivery by the postage service.
- 6.7 We reserve the right to use alternative delivery methods without prior notification.
- 6.8 You will not hold us responsible for any delays, outside our control, which relate to the delivery of tickets.
- 6.9 It is your responsibility to report all lost or undelivered ticket to the NPA office via email to email@example.com or phone 059 86 25125. Please note you will need your order receipt available for details.
- 6.10 Customers are obliged to comply with our process. Failure to comply with our order processes, as amended from time to time, will result in no action being taken by the National Ploughing Association Ltd in respect of such undelivered tickets.
- 6.11 Where a ticket order is reported as lost, or as having not arrived, you must contact the NPA office on 059 8625125.
- 6.12 If you are dissatisfied with any ticket order you receive from us, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org. We retain the right to request a return of any faulty tickets by recorded delivery to Fallaghmore, Athy. Co. Kildare and the tickets will be inspected. If we request recorded delivery then we will pay for the cost of the postage on provision of the postage receipt. If the fault is agreed, a full refund will be given for the returned goods. Nothing in this section affects your legal rights.
- 6.13 If you place multiple orders for tickets, please be aware that they will still be sent via your local postie and may be subject to delays. We therefore cannot guarantee delivery on a specific day and will not be held liable for delays outside of our control.
- 7.1 Any ticket you purchase from us remains the property of the National Ploughing Association Ltd and is a personal revocable licence which may be withdrawn and admission refused at any time. If this occurs, you will be refunded the sale price of the ticket which has been withdrawn or for which access was refused (including the relevant per ticket service charge but excluding any third party order processing fee).
- 7.2 Policy at the National Ploughing Association Ltd prohibits us from issuing replacement tickets for any lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed tickets. When you receive your tickets, please keep them in a safe place. We will not be responsible for any tickets that are lost or stolen. Please note that direct sunlight or heat can sometimes damage tickets.
- 7.3 It is your responsibility to check your tickets; mistakes cannot always be rectified.
- 7.4 Tickets may be sold subject to certain restrictions on entry or use, such as restricted, obstructed or side view. Any such restriction shall be displayed on our Website or otherwise notified to you before or at the time you book the tickets. It is your responsibility to ensure that you read all notifications displayed on our Website.
- 7.5 You may not resell or transfer your tickets, it is prohibited by the National Ploughing Association Ltd. Anyone found to be reselling or transferring tickets may have the tickets cancelled or may be subject to future purchasing restrictions subject to the discretion of the NPA.
- 7.6 A ticket shall not be used for advertising, promotions, contests or sweepstakes, unless formal written permission is given by the National Ploughing Association, provided that even if such consent is obtained, use of our trademarks and other intellectual property is subject to our prior consent.
- 8.1 It is your responsibility to ascertain whether an event has been cancelled and the date and time of any rearranged event. If an event is cancelled or rescheduled, we will use reasonable endeavours to notify you of the cancellation. We do not guarantee that you will be informed of such cancellation before the date of the event.
- 8.2 Tickets are sold subject to the National Ploughing Associations right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its reasonable control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets, unless such change is a material alteration.
- 9.1 On a rare occasion, events may be cancelled, rescheduled or materially altered by the National Ploughing Association Ltd for a variety of reasons.
- 9.2 Cancellation: If an event is cancelled (and not rescheduled), you will be offered a refund of the sale price of your ticket(s), including the relevant per ticket service charge but excluding any third party order processing fee.
- 9.3 Rescheduling: Unless indicated otherwise in relation to a particular event, if an event is rescheduled, and if you are unable to attend the rescheduled event, you must return your unused tickets to the National Ploughing Association Ltd and on receipt of the tickets the National Ploughing Association Ltd will offer a refund of the sale price of your ticket(s) including the relevant per ticket service charge but excluding any third party order processing fee. You must inform us within the time specified by us if you are unable to attend the rescheduled event, otherwise we may reconfirm your booking for the rescheduled date and you will not be entitled to claim a refund. If the event is moved or rescheduled, the National Ploughing Association may set refund limitations.
- 9.4 To claim your refund, please email email@example.com, ring 059 8625125 or apply in writing to National Ploughing Association, Fallaghmore, Athy, Co. Kildare. You must enclose your unused tickets and comply with any other reasonable instructions from us. For accounting purposes your unused tickets must be received within 28 days from the date of the cancelled event.
- 9.5 We regret that, unless paragraphs 9.2 or 9.3 apply, tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
- 10.1 Personal arrangements including travel, accommodation or hospitality relating to the Event which have been arranged by you are at your own risk. The National Ploughing Association Ltd shall not be liable for you for any loss of enjoyment or wasted expenditure.
- 10.2 Unless otherwise stated in this clause 10 the National Ploughing Associations´ liability to you in connection with the Event (including, but not limited to, for any cancellation, rescheduling or material change to the programme of the event) shall be limited to the price paid by you for the ticket, including any per item service charge but excluding any per order handling fee.
- 10.3 The National Ploughing Association Ltd will not be liable for any loss, injury or damage to any person (including you) or property howsoever caused: (a) in any circumstances where there is no breach of a legal duty of care owed by the National Ploughing Association Ltd; (b) in circumstances where such loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of any such breach (save for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence); or (c) to the extent that any increase in any loss or damage results from breach by you of any of the terms of this Purchase Policy and/or any terms and conditions of the National Ploughing Association or your negligence.
- 10.4 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions seeks to exclude or limit the National Ploughing Associations’ liability for death or personal injury caused by National Ploughing Associations’ (as relevant) negligence, fraud or other type of liability which cannot by law be excluded or limited.
11. Admission and Attendance
- 11.1 The venue reserves the right to refuse admission should patrons breach any terms and conditions of the event or the National Ploughing Association Ltd. The venue may on occasions have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons. Breach of any of these terms and conditions or any unacceptable behaviour likely to cause damage, nuisance or injury shall entitle the National Ploughing Association Ltd to eject you from the venue.
- 11.2 The National Ploughing Association Ltd reserve the right to refuse admittance to the venue or to remove any person from the venue for reasons of public safety (including crowd surfing or moshing), any unacceptable behaviour likely to cause damage, nuisance or injury or for any breach of the National Ploughing Associations’ terms and conditions.
- 11.3 Every effort to admit latecomers will be made, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
- 11.4 Special effects which may include, without limitation, sound, audio visual, pyrotechnic effects or lighting effects may be featured at an event.
12. Queries and Complaints
- 12.1 If you have any queries or complaints regarding your purchase, contact us, quoting your order number given to you at the conclusion of placing the order
- 12.2 Some queries can take up to 28 days to resolve, but we will get back to you as soon as possible.
- 12.3 If any dispute arises, we shall use our reasonable endeavours to consult or negotiate in good faith, and attempt to reach a just and equitable settlement satisfactory to both you, and us the National Ploughing Association Ltd.
13. Governing Law
- 13.1 All of these terms and conditions are governed by the law of the Republic of Ireland and any disputes arising out of any transaction with the National Ploughing Association Ltd are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.
- 13.2 This Purchase Policy does not and shall not affect your statutory rights as a consumer. For further information about your statutory rights contact Citizens Information.