- Well known faces will offer tips and answer questions on topics such as health and wellbeing, home renovation and motor and travel
- ‘Walk the Plank’ virtual reality game, Selfie Mirror and range of kiddie friendly events also taking place inFBD tent at the National Ploughing Championships
TV chef Catherine Fulvio, Olympic silver medalistsPaul and GaryO’Donovan and architect Hugh Wallace, star of RTE’s Home of the Year’, have teamed up with FBD Insurance, Ieland’s only indigenous insurer, to attend the 2018 National Ploughing Championships and offer tips and advice on topics such as health and wellbeing, home decoration and motor and travel.
FBD is one of the main sponsors of the National Ploughing Championships, taking place in Screggan, Tullamore, Co. Offlay from the 18th tothe 20th of September. Anyone attending is invited to the FBD tent to listen to Catherine, Paul, Gary and Hugh chat about their respective careers and answerquestions from the audience.
If you have a question for any of our well-known faces, or if you simply just want to see them in action, the schedule for the FBD tent at the National Ploughing Championships is as follows:
- Tuesday 18 September – Catherine Fulviotravels all over Ireland, and further afield, for her role as a professional chef, so she will share her top tips and hints for driving andtraveling for businessor leisure. She will talk about how to ensure each and every journey you make is safe and enjoyable for everyone. She will also be giving advice for healthy eating on the road and how to keep children entertained on long journeys!
Catherine says:“I’m constantly on the road travelling all over the country from hosting a fundraising cookery demonstration to filming ‘Tastes Like Home’ and ‘Lords and Ladle’s or attending one of the many food festivals around the country. I will be giving lots of tips and hints for healthy eating on the road, especially if you have to travel a lot for work. I’m also very aware of safety when it comes to driving. Whether you are driving a car, motorbike, van or farming machinery, it’s imperative that all of us are aware of our impact on the roads, so I’ll be offering advice in this regard too. I’m really looking forward to meeting everyone at the FBD Insurance tent, so make sure to pop in and say hello!””
- Wednesday 19 September – Paul and Gary O’Donovan, the Cork brothers who won silver for rowing in the 2016 Olympic games, will be chatting about their active lifestyles,the importance of exercise, eating right and minding your mental health. They will also be providing their tips on how to livethe healthiest life possible.
Paul and Gary O’Donovan say:“Our lifestyle is very focused on health and fitness – we wouldn’t have it any other way! We believe that it’s important to teach everyone about the importance of health and wellbeing. Heading to the National Ploughing Championships with FBD Insurance is a great opportunity to meet and encourage people, young and old, to get active and be the very best form of yourself.”
- Thursday 20 September – Hugh Wallace, one of Ireland’s most respected architects and judge on RTÉ’s ‘Home of the Year’, will bring the audience through a journey of décor design tips to help improve the spaces we already live in, as well as advice on how to approach a renovation or extension.
Hugh says: “I’m really looking forward to the National Ploughing Championships. One of the topics I’ll be talking about is the restoration of farm buildings and the great experiences I’ve had on farms growing up. It’s a great national event and I’m delighted to be part of it with FBD Insurance.”
As well as Catherine, Gary, Paul and Hugh, the FBD tent at the National Ploughing Championships will also feature ahost of activities such as the ‘Walk The Plank’ virtual reality game which makes you feel like you are really walking a plank that is 80 stories high in the air! Will you or your kids be brave enough to walk to the very end of the plank……..? There’s only one way to find out!
We also have our very own Selfie Mirror in the FBD tent this year, so you and your family can get your photograph taken! Just pose and smile – and you will receive a wonderful souvenir photograph to take home to remind you of your great day at the 2018 National Ploughing Championships!
The 20 finalists of the recent FBD ‘Irish Summer’ photography competition will also be exhibited in the FBD tent, so come along and see the wonderful photography talent we have all over the country. The winner of the competition will be announced in the FBD tent on Thursday 20 September.