- Generally, we collect information about you from your purchase of tickets, when you email or call us, or when you use our Website, apps and social media. We use that and other information to provide better services, marketing and support to you and our other customers.
- When you, for example, purchase tickets, download one of our apps, enter the Event as an exhibitor or contact us on the phone, we may ask your consent to use your information for certain purposes. We may share your information with our Event Partners, with other third parties, and if you are an exhibitor your details will be listed on our Website.
- The National Ploughing Association Ltd is a data controller (i.e. a person responsible for the processing of your personal information) in respect of all of the information which the National Ploughing Association Ltd collects and receives about you when you use our services.
- The National Ploughing Association Ltd is bound by, and uses your information in accordance with, the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003.
- Cookie Notice
- We collect your information in different ways
Directly from you. For example, if you enter our event as an exhibitor, enter a competition or free prize draw, download an app or buy tickets, post a comment on our websites, ask us a question, email us or interact with the National Ploughing Association Ltd over the phone.
Through your use of our websites and apps. You may view and use our websites and apps via a computer, phone, tablet or other device. We use tracking tools like browser cookies on our Website to collect information about your usage.
From third parties. For example, if you choose to use an integrated social media feature on our websites or apps, the third-party social media Website will give us certain information about you. This could include your name and email address. Your activities on our sites and apps may be posted to the social media platforms.
- Information we may hold about you
We use the following information for the purposes described in this Policy:
Your contact and account information. We will hold contact information you provide to us (e.g. name, address, phone number, email, address) when you buy a ticket, participate in our event as an exhibitor or enter into our competitions or promotions.
Your payment and billing information. We will hold payment and billing information you provide to us, e.g. credit card number and post code when you buy a ticket, in connection with the handling of your ticket orders.
Information you post online. For example, we hold information you post on our Website or on a third-party social media Website to which we have access (including reviews you post or surveys you complete). When you post information online, you must not infringe the rights of others (including privacy rights) and you should be aware that others may use, tag and/or re-publish your information in ways that you might not expect (including in ways that are unlawful). You understand that we and others (including our Event Partners) may use and re-publish any data you post online publicly, on our Website or when using apps or social media tools.
Website usage information. If you use our Website, we may collect information about the browser you’re using and your IP address (this is a number that identifies a specific network device on the internet and is required for your device to communicate with websites). We might look at what you did and didn’t use our Website for.
Email response information. In relation to emails we send you, we may collect information on how you respond to such emails, for example, the number of times the email is opened or the links in them are clicked.
Other information about your interactions with us. For example, if you interact with us via email, telephone or social media (e.g. Facebook).
- We may use your information in the following ways and for the following purposes:
- To provide you with products, services and support. For example, we might use your information to confirm your registration for an event.
- To send you communications in connection with your transaction and our event. For example, we might send you emails about your ticket purchase or your registration as an exhibitor of our event. We might also contact you about this Policy or any of our other policies or terms.
- To monitor and improve our products, services, and websites. We analyse your information to improve our understanding of you and our customer base in general. We do this so that we can make better decisions about our services, advertising, products and content, based on a more informed picture of how our customers use our current services, and to provide you with a more customised experience.
- To prevent or detect unlawful behaviour or to protect or enforce legal rights. For example, we may use your information to prevent ticket touting, misuse of our intellectual property (e.g. our or our Event Partner’s brands), or fraud (including credit card fraud and fraud we think has happened during a sweepstakes or promotion or at an event) or other crimes.
- For security purposes. We may use your information to protect the security of our company, employees, our customers, third parties and/or our/their property (including any event you may attend and our Website) as permitted by law.
- For market research purposes. We may contact you as part of market research we are carrying out. You may choose not to participate.
- To provide you with tailored advertising and online behavioural advertising. We may work with other companies to show you advertisements we think you may find relevant and useful. This may include advertisements displayed on our own websites or apps, or advertisements from us displayed on other companies’ sites. The advertisements you see may be based on information collected by us or third parties and/or may be based on your activities on our websites or third party sites.
- For marketing purposes. Where you’ve agreed, you may be contacted by us by email, text message, telephone or other means with information or offers regarding our upcoming event, products or services (including newsletters).
- As otherwise permitted by law. In limited circumstances, we may also use your information for other purposes where permitted by law.
- You have certain choices about how we use your information
When you enter our event as an exhibitor, purchase tickets or download our apps, we may ask for your consent in order to collect, process or use your personal information for specified purposes.
If you wish to withdraw any consent you have provided to us for such use of your personal information, please write to us or tell us about your preferences using the methods described in this section. Our Address for correspondence is:
National Ploughing Association Limited,
You understand that if you choose not to give us consents, or if you withdraw consents, you may not be able to take advantage of one or more features we offer.
In addition to writing to us, you can opt out in the following ways:
You can opt out of receiving marketing communications. To stop receiving promotional emails or text messages reply “STOP” to the email or message, or ring us on 059 8625125
You can opt out of receiving our newsletters. To stop receiving our newsletters follow the instructions in any newsletter you get from us.
You can control and opt out of us using tools on your devices. For example, you can turn off the GPS locator or push notifications by using the settings on your phone. Each push notification has an “unsubscribe” link.
- We may share your information with the following third parties
Selected third parties. If you consented to be contacted by email or other means by selected third parties (e.g. Sponsors), we may provide your information to the third parties we select, and these third parties may use this information for their marketing or advertising purposes.
Our third party service providers. We may share your information with third parties so that they can provide services to us e.g. a mailing house, a courier, or a market research company), but where we do we will put in place a written agreement protecting your information.
If we think we have to in order to comply with legal or regulatory requirements or to protect ourselves, Event Sponsors or third parties. Where permitted by law, we may also share information requested by a government agency or other authorised body or organisation, to protect or enforce our rights or the rights of any Event Sponsor or third party, or in the detection and prevention of fraud (including credit card fraud and fraud we think has happened during a sweepstakes or promotion or at an event) and other crimes.
Any successor to all or part of our business. Where permitted by law, we may give a successor your information to use for the purposes set out in this Policy – and we may also give a potential successor this information – but only where we have taken reasonable steps to ensure the security and confidentiality of that information.
- Our sites and apps are not intended for children.
Our sites and apps are meant for adults. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child has given us information, you can contact us.
- We use standard security measures
We have security measures in place to protect your information. The standard security measures we use will depend on the type of information collected. Despite our best efforts, an inherent risk will always be present when information is collected, shared or used online. Every reasonable effort will be made to minimise this risk by the NPA. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet and not to share your passwords.
- We may transfer your information to other countries
The transfer of your information for use in line with this Policy may involve the transfer of your information to other countries (including outside Europe). The laws of other countries to which your information is transferred may not provide the same level of protection for your personal information as the law of your home country. We do, however, put in place appropriate technical and contractual protections for your personal information in accordance with applicable laws.
10. We may link to third party sites or services we don’t control
11. What we will do if there is an update to this policy
From time to time we may change our privacy practices. We will notify you of any changes to this Policy as required by law. We will also post an updated copy on our Website. It will have a different date and version number from the one set out below. Please check our Website periodically for updates.
12. Who we are
We are the National Ploughing Association of Ireland Ltd.
- Feel free to contact us if you have any questions, complaints or require a copy of information we hold about you
- If you have any questions or complaints about this Policy or any privacy concerns, or would like to request copies of the information we hold about you, please contact us via email at email@example.com or phone us on 059 8625125. Please do not include your credit card number or other financial or sensitive information in your email.
Last updated: 8th July 2014